How to look up new words and save them
With eJOY Reader, you’ll be allowed to instantly look up meanings of words while reading news.
- Tap on a word to look up. A popup will be displayed, giving you the most important information of the word (IPA, Frequency level, its meanings)
- Switch on English meaning to see the English meaning of the word(2)
- Tap on (^) to see detailed information of the word (slang, definition, example, synonyms, antonyms, word family,…) (3)
- Choose the wordbook where you’d like to save the word (4)
- Choose (+) to save the word to the selected wordbook (5)
How to translate a sentence or paragraph
- Find the content that you want to translate.
- Tap on the first word. When you lift your finger, you should see the word is highlighted, with “drag bars” – two blue dots – on either side.
- Tap and drag the drag bars until you’ve selected the text you want to translate.
- In the pop-up menu, tap “Translate.”
- The translation will be immediately shown in a new popup.
Other supporting features
Quick lookup – new words and phrases
- Look up the previous or following word quickly with < > (1)
- Select a phrase quickly with |<- and ->| (2)
Quick Lookup – sentences
- Tap a word (1) in the sentence that you want to look up and tap the icon lookup sentence (2) to have the whole sentence translated