Halloween holiday is coming soon! It’s time to think about what kind of costume that we will be wearing to a Halloween party. Have you got any ideas? Also, there are some things that we might not know about this spooky, beautiful holiday.
1. Ireland is believed to be the birthplace of Halloween
2. Originally, you have to dance for your “treat”
3. Jack-o’-lanterns were once made out of turnips, beets and potatoes — not pumpkins.
4. The name “jack-o’-lantern” is British in origin and dates from the 17th century, when it literally meant “man with a lantern”
5. Halloween holiday used to be a great day to find your soulmate.
6. The world’s largest pumpkin weighed in at 1,872 pounds.
7. Dressing up in costumes was once a way to hide from ghosts.
Are you ready for your Halloween night? Share with us your ideas for celebrating the holiday!