Our second speaking topic is Friends. If you are new here and want to practice speaking on this topic, please fill out the form: https://forms.gle/BpaA9KyyeRmkJfmU6
You can refer to this introduction to understand the program “Pair speaking practice with eJOY”.
1- Discussion questions for Topic Friends
- Do you have many friends?
- Who is your best friend? Tell me about your best friend?
- How often do you meet with your friends? What do you and your friends do together?
- Are you still friends with people from your childhood?
- Do you think friendship is important?
These are suggested questions. You may not want to limit your conversation to those questions. Feel free to add your own and raise any question to your partner during the online meetup. Besides, you may want to have an ice-breaking session at the beginning. Also, don’t forget to wrap up at the end of the discussion.
2- Suggested videos – Topic Friends
You need to train your ears to get familiar with how native speakers talk about Family, and also to broaden your vocabulary.
eJOY Epic – Laptop
If you own a PRO eJOY account, you can learn with the following video to practice listening comprehension, grammar, and vocabulary.
Learn with IELTS Speaking – Part 1 – Friends & Culture.
Read more: How to learn on Epic.
eJOY App/ Go web – Mobile & Laptop
Below are English videos that you can practice with 4 skills (listen-speak-read-write) on eJOY App and eJOY Go web.
- A Skype Friendship
- Celebrating Friendship Day
- An Unlikely Friendship
- Motivational Minute #53 – Friendship
- What Friendship Is to a Boy
3- Prepare for the talk
This is the to-do list for you:
- Watch the suggested videos to get some ideas and vocabularies. Add new vocabularies from section 5 as well, if you need them. Use eJOY extension (laptop) or eJOY Reader app (mobile) to save them.
- Write your own answers to the questions in section 1 of this article. Try to answer them out loud by yourself as well.
- Set up your device, the platform you choose to make a call to your partner. Make sure your internet works well and you have a quiet place.
Please be noticed that:
- Audio call is used to make sure the connection stable
- Have free talk and maintain your conversation as long as possible with no limit.
- Turn on recording (if possible) so that you will have your audio file to review after the talk
4- Check in to find your speaking partner for topic Friends
When you have done the homework, try your best to write down the answers to the discussion questions and do rehearsal on your own. And then, fill out the check-in form to help us find your perfect speaking partner who has the same English level, same level of confidence, and same time slot with you.
- We have been so close but we actually have never met.
- I consider Paige like a long-lost sister
- There is no doubt that friendships play a vital role in our life.
- When I first saw Paige, it was like I’d seen a mirror image of me.
- I trust her with my life.
- give you a hug or be a listening ear to
- see eye to eye
- friends are like second family
- be through thick and thin
- drift apart
- get to know someone
- lose touch with someone
- ups and downs
- A lifelong friend
- A relationship of trust
- Arrange a dinner date
- A shoulder to cry on
- Dear to my heart
- Extend the hand of friendship
- Face to face
- Get to know one another
- Get together