Our next speaking topic is Festival. If you are new here and want to practice speaking on this topic, please fill out the form: https://forms.gle/BpaA9KyyeRmkJfmU6
You can refer to this introduction to understand the program “Pair speaking practice with eJOY”.
1- Discussion questions for Topic Festival
- Are there a lot of festivals in your country?
- What is the most popular festival in your country?
- When does the festival occur?
- With whom do you like to celebrate festivals?
- What do you do during the festival?
- What do you like about it?
- What do you dislike about it?
- Do you think western festivals like Christmas are replacing traditional festivals in your country?
These are suggested questions. You may not want to limit your conversation to those questions. Feel free to add your own and raise any question to your partner during the online meetup. Besides, you may want to have an ice-breaking session at the beginning. Also, don’t forget to wrap up at the end of the discussion.
2- Suggested videos – Topic Festival
You need to train your ears to get familiar with how native speakers talk about Family, and also to broaden your vocabulary.
eJOY Epic – Laptop
If you own a PRO eJOY account, you can learn with the following video to practice listening comprehension, grammar, and vocabulary.
Learn with Mid-Autumn Festival | An introduction.
Read more: How to learn on Epic.
eJOY App/ Go web – Mobile & Laptop
Below are English videos that you can practice with 4 skills (listen-speak-read-write) on eJOY App and eJOY Go web.
- 11 Foods to Eat or NOT Eat During the Chinese New Year
- Traditional Vietnamese Tet food
- Fortune Tales | The Story of Lunar New Year
- The True Meaning of Christmas
- A Brief History of Christmas Traditions
- 10 Life Hacks You Need To Know For Christmas!
3- Prepare for the talk
This is the to-do list for you:
- Watch the suggested videos to get some ideas and vocabularies. Add new vocabularies from section 5 as well, if you need them. Use eJOY extension (laptop) or eJOY Reader app (mobile) to save them.
- Write your own answers to the questions in section 1 of this article. Try to answer them out loud by yourself as well.
- Set up your device, the platform you choose to make a call to your partner. Make sure your internet works well and you have a quiet place.
Please be noticed that:
- Audio call is used to make sure the connection stable
- Have free talk and maintain your conversation as long as possible with no limit.
- Turn on recording (if possible) so that you will have your audio file to review after the talk
4- Check in to find your speaking partner for topic Festival
When you have done the homework, try your best to write down the answers to the discussion questions and do rehearsal on your own. And then, fill out the check-in form to help us find your perfect speaking partner who has the same English level, same level of confidence, and same time slot with you.
- Traditional custom
- Reunification day
- Hang Raising ceremony
- Five-fruit tray
- Traditional dishes
- Lion dance parade
- Garry lanterns
- Cold Food Festival
- Family gathering
- Peach blossom
- Vietnam has so many festivals all through the year.
- it only occurs in the ancient town on the 14th day of each Lunar month
- The traditional customs vary from festival to festival
- try to spend as much time as I can with my family and close friends
- five-fruit trays and moon cakes will be the typical traditional dishes served
- it is common for us to watch lion dance parades and carry lanterns in different shapes
- for the Cold Food Festival, making banh troi and banh chay with the whole family is the go-to activity for numerous households