Our next speaking topic is Music. If you are new here and want to practice speaking on this topic, please fill out the form: https://forms.gle/BpaA9KyyeRmkJfmU6
You can refer to this introduction to understand the program “Pair speaking practice with eJOY”.
1- Discussion questions for Topic Music
- Do you like listening to music?
- What type of music do you often listen to? How do you feel after listening to them?
- Who is your favorite artist? Why do you like her/him?
- Have you ever been to a concert or have you ever bought an album? Which one would you love to go to in case you haven’t?
- Can you sing or can you play any kind of musical instrument?
- Do you think music will change in the future?
These are suggested questions. You may not want to limit your conversation to those questions. Feel free to add your own and raise any question to your partner during the online meetup. Besides, you may want to have an ice-breaking session at the beginning. Also, don’t forget to wrap up at the end of the discussion.
2- Suggested videos – Topic Music
You need to train your ears to get familiar with how native speakers talk about Music, and also to broaden your vocabulary.
eJOY Epic – Laptop
If you own a PRO eJOY account, you can learn with the following video to practice listening comprehension, grammar, and vocabulary.
Learn with Why We Create Music.
Read more: How to learn on Epic.
eJOY App/ Go web – Mobile & Laptop
Below are English videos that you can practice with 4 skills (listen-speak-read-write) on eJOY App and eJOY Go web.
3- Prepare for the talk
This is the to-do list for you:
- Watch the suggested videos to get some ideas and vocabularies. Add new vocabularies from section 5 as well, if you need them. Use eJOY extension (laptop) or eJOY Reader app (mobile) to save them.
- Write your own answers to the questions in section 1 of this article. Try to answer them out loud by yourself as well.
- Set up your device, the platform you choose to make a call to your partner. Make sure your internet works well and you have a quiet place.
Please be noticed that:
- Audio call is used to make sure the connection stable
- Have free talk and maintain your conversation as long as possible with no limit.
- Turn on recording (if possible) so that you will have your audio file to review after the talk
4- Check in to find your speaking partner for topic Music
When you have done the homework, try your best to write down the answers to the discussion questions and do rehearsal on your own. And then, fill out the check-in form to help us find your perfect speaking partner who has the same English level, same level of confidence, and same time slot with you.
- adoring fans
- background music
- a catchy tune
- classical music
- You can download tracks once you have signed in to your SoundCloud account
- She played three long notes on the piano.
- to have a great voice
- I’ve got no sense of rhythm
- to go on tour
- a huge following
- live music
- This song is represented by bass, tenor and alto duets, respectively.
- She sings so beautifully that many people don’t think she is giving a live performance.
- You should always sing in tune, not out of tune.
- 2012 is considered to be the year with the most massive hits of the decade.
- Losing my voice at your favourite music festival
- If you want to learn to play a musical instrument, it might be a good idea to begin on something simple.
- She inherited her musical talent from her mother