Bài tập đọc English Reading chủ đề The World Wide Web dành cho các bạn học level 4. Chắc hẳn chúng ta ai cũng biết những mặt tích cực của Internet. Bài viết sẽ đưa ra ba quan điểm về những mặt hạn chế cuả nó. Bạn có thể dùng eJOY extension để giúp bạn tra và lưu các từ mới trong bài nhé.
- Bài tập này được biên tập lại từ bài “Inventor of World Wide Web says it must change” trên website breakingnewsenglish.com
- Bài tập nằm trong chuỗi bài học dành cho Intermediate trên eJOY. Nếu bạn muốn được học theo lộ trình phát triển khả năng nghe nói, kèm theo bài tập đọc viết nhẹ nhàng thì hãy email cho [email protected] nhé.
Inventor of World Wide Web says it must change
The World Wide Web is now thirty years old. Its inventor, Sir Tim Berners-Lee, has spoken about his creation on its 30th anniversary. He said he was worried about how people are using the Internet and its two billion websites today. He also said he is concerned about the future of the Web. He wrote a letter saying he knew many people felt unsure about whether the Web was “a force for good”. He believes it can be a force for good and can empower billions of people. He wrote that he believed governments and companies must work together to build a better Internet. He said: “If we give up on building a better Web now, then the Web will not have failed us. We will have failed the Web.”
Sir Tim had three main concerns about the World Wide Web. The first was criminal behavior, like state-sponsored hacking and online harassment. He described it as a “mirror of humanity” where “you will see good and bad”. He said governments must pass laws to keep people safe. A second thing that worried Berners-Lee is how social media is used to spread misinformation. The past few years have seen a rise in fake news. In particular, how people were tricked during the 2016 US presidential election and the UK Brexit vote. Berners-Lee is also worried about people’s privacy and personal information. He stressed the importance of fighting for a better and safer Web and keeping it free for everyone to use.
A/ Chọn câu trả lời đúng
- How old is the World Wide Web?
- How many websites did the article say was on the World Wide Web?
b) two billion
c) 2 million
- What are people doubting the World Wide Web is a force for?
- What does Sir Tim Berners-Lee want governments to build?
a) a better Web
b) more Internet cables
d) a giant website
- What will we fail if we give up on the Web?
a) social media
b) the electricity
c) the Web
- How many concerns did Sir Tim Berners-Lee have?
- What did Sir Tim describe the Web as a mirror of?
c) social media
- What did Sir Tim say social media spread?
b) good news
c) photos of cute cats
- What have the past few years seen a rise in?
c) fake news
d) good new
- What did Sir Tim want us to fight for?
a) our rights
b) a better and safer web
c) cheaper Internet
d) real news
B/ Sắp xếp thành câu hoàn chỉnh
- Internet about the how are people using Worried
- future the about of the He’s Web . concerned
- it a He is believes force good . for
- a to must build better Internet . work Companies
- up better a on Web building now . Give
- of described He humanity . as mirror a it
- laws people Governments keep must pass to safe .
- rise . a have few past seen years The
- of importance Web . a The fighting better for
- it to for everyone use . free Keeping