Bài tập đọc English Reading chủ đề Job Interview dành cho các bạn học level 4. Bạn có thể dùng eJOY extension để giúp bạn tra và lưu các từ mới trong bài nhé.
- Bài tập này được biên tập lại từ bài “Job Interview” trên website breakingnewsenglish.com
- Bài tập nằm trong chuỗi bài học dành cho Intermediate trên eJOY. Nếu bạn muốn được học theo lộ trình phát triển khả năng nghe nói, kèm theo bài tập đọc viết nhẹ nhàng thì hãy email cho [email protected] nhé.
University graduates hoping to get a job as an investment banker in London could be disappointed if they wear brown shoes to their job interview. A new report highlights how the investment banking industry in the UK follows centuries-old, unwritten rules about how bankers should conduct themselves. The study was undertaken by the British government’s Social Mobility Commission. Researchers looked at how the industry selected people in job interviews. They found that the industry was governed by “relatively opaque” codes of conduct. They wrote: “For men, the wearing of brown shoes with a business suit is generally considered unacceptable…within investment banking.”
The survey suggested that people from working class backgrounds had to change their behaviour to fit in with bankers who were from middle and upper classes. One newly-appointed banker said: “I felt like my accent was a bit out of place, so I changed it.” The study also said the industry discriminated against those who did not go to elite universities. The Commission’s chairman said: “Bright, working-class kids are being systematically locked out of top jobs in investment banking because they did not attend a small handful of elite universities.” He added: “It is shocking…that some investment bank managers still judge candidates on whether they wear brown shoes with a suit, rather than on their skills and potential.”
A/ Chọn câu trả lời đúng
- What kind of graduates could be disappointed?
a) technical college graduates
b) high school graduates
c) university graduates
- Who looked at how the industry selected people in interviews?
- What is considered unacceptable in the investment banking industry?
b) causing global financial collapses
c) taking unnecessary risks
d) wearing brown shoes
- What did one banker have to change to not feel out of place?
a) his/her accent
b) his/her career
c) his/her university
d) his/her hairstyle
- Who is being systematically locked out of top investment banking jobs?
c) upper-class kids
d) working-class kids
B/ Sắp xếp từ thành câu hoàn chỉnh
- investment hoping a an Graduates get as banker to job .
- about rules Unwritten themselves conduct should bankers how .
- looked Researchers people selected industry the how at .
- by governed was industry The codes opaque relatively .
- considered Generally banking investment within unacceptable .
- of like place my so accent I was changed a it bit I out felt .
- industry did discriminated not against go those The who .
- Systematically jobs locked in out investment of banking top .
- not small elite did a of They attend handful universities .
- Judge shoes brown wear they whether on candidates .